Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This One is for You, Shannon!

This post was supposed to be about my Inaugural Luncheon I had today. See photo below for a very patriotic table setting! I hosted three staff/wives for lunch today. It was lovely. Until one of them went to the living room to answer her phone, and said...




..."Kim your candle is on fire!!!" (I know most candles usually are on fire, but that's what she said!) I think what she meant was "Kim, your candle is melting all over your living room!" which would have been a slight exaggeration, but it was all over the cabinet and leaking onto the floor. This three-wick candle had gone psycho, oozing lava like goo all over my silk scarf...




...and onto the tile floor below. Eeewwww! What you don't see in the photos is the three-flames dancing erratically in the center of the lava pot, leaping and stretching as far as their little candle selves would let them. I was able to blow them out before they leaped and stretched far enough to cause any serious damage. Thankfully.

Beware! The candles of this world seem to be developing minds of their own. Right, Shannon?

4 comments:

Shan said...

What?! Not again!!!! That is it! We all need to go out and buy those harmless little warming plates that just sort of melt your candle and help it to smell good in a lazy but slightly safer way. We just can't let these flames out of our sight anymore! Heeheehee :D

Thanks for the dedication. I hope we won't be forced to form a foundation against such candles.

jasonandchrista said...

The Keena family is not doing well with fire lately. I think I'm going to go turn off my gas fireplace. I did like the pictures by the candle though!

Bethany Keena said...

oh my! I thought it was just on the cabinet..but no! It dripped on the floor?! That was a very excited candle!

Susan Beth said...

Fire seems to be a theme here this week. Hope the luncheon went well otherwise.