Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Power School

So, our school district has an online website (is that stating the obvious?  Online website?) where parents can access their children's grades.  I'm still trying to decide if this is a good thing or not.  At least in my case, if I access G&D's grades regularly, I then feel somehow responsible for their grades.  Should I?  When the grades are low, I am all over their backs about bringing them up.  If they are good grades, well, they should be, so no big deal, right?  I don't know.  When A,B,C,D, and E were in school, I'm sure I had no idea what their grades were until report card time.  As it should be, right?  Then once every grading period the wrath of mom and dad came down on those with poor grades.  Now it seems like a continual annoyance.  "What's going on in math?"  "Did you turn in your science journal?"  "Why do you have a D in Art?  Who gets a D in Art?  How hard can Art be?"  The grade chatter is always running through my brain.  So, for my own sanity I have told G&D I will check Power School only once a week.  Then the wrath of mom will only blow once a week.  Grrr!  That still doesn't seem right.  When I was in school, I hated school, and the whole grading system.  Guess I still do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

momkeena. found your blog amusing, warm and full of Sunshine. You may email to reply to me at cullela@aporter.com.

Mom Keena said...

Thanks, Anonymous! I'm glad you enjoy my prolific babblings. It seems to serve as a creative venue for one that is too scattered to commit to pen and paper. At least I can always find my computer! Hope you and yours are doing well.