Saturday, December 11, 2010

Making Soap


The other day, I bought supplies to make soap. I was going to give slices of Christmas soap as party favors at our White Elephant Gift Exchange. So I bought the soap, printed directions from Martha, and followed them to the letter!



This was the soap after I popped it out of the pan.




And this was the soap after I sliced it! Every slice fell apart into five pieces.



My first thought was to chuck it all in the garbage, but then I remembered those checkered soaps I've seen. So I chopped up the rectangles, put them in the pans, and poured more melted glycerine soap over the chunks.


Ta da! It sliced beautifully!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Trish said...

You do Martha proud!

KillerB said...

What!? Homemade soap??

You. Are. Amazing.

Bekah said...

Would you mind posting the link for making this soap?

Mom Keena said...

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/striped-soaps

Bekah, This was the recipe I used. But, as you can see, it didn't work quite right. Anyway, it's pretty basic.