Friday, May 8, 2009

This Is Where I Live


This morning has been filled with unusualaties. Just thought I'd share a few, and none of them has to do with this unusual photo I've found on my computer!

* Woke up this morning to neighbors chatting and smoking on their back porch at 6:00am.
* While fixing breakfast at 7:00am, noticed said neighbors drinking beer on said back porch.
* I'm sure today is May 8th, but it is snowing again!
* On the front page of our newspaper this morning, there is a story & photo of Hee-Haw B-Ball.
* There is also an ad for "Motherin Up, A Gathering of Cowboy Poet and Pickers".
* The Police Report included "An elderly man said a stranger was passed out on his couch in his home. Police removed the intoxicated man and gave him a warning and a ride to a hotel.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing normal about any of this. But then, I've heard it said, that NORMAL is just a setting on your dryer.

4 comments:

Danae said...

where did you hear the normal is just a setting on your dryer? :)

It sounds like an interesting time of year out there.

Jason: Husband, and Father of Two! said...

There's no such thing as normal. There's only what is weird and what we are used to.

Unknown said...

Wow... great post! So funny! What about pics for mother's day? :)

Shan said...

Wow! Your new place of residence sounds more "eccentric" than good old Siloam is these days. It sounds like people popping up out of corn fields to tell corny jokes to one another is your "normal" anymore.

But snow? that's more of a turn off to me right now than a 7:00am beer! shiver