Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Results, Again

The doc called yesterday, and it looks like David will need surgery. We will meet with the doc again this week, to discuss the whys and hows. David wants to go with us, because he has a lot of questions. David also does not want them "cutting me open". I assured him I do not WANT them cutting him open, either, but try and explain to an 11-year-old that something that is totally not bothering him, not hurting, not uncomfortable, has to be taken out. Not easy.

Last night as we were talking to him, he said "This is just a test". A point made by Pastor Chris in his sermon on Sunday, that God gives us tests to make us more like Him. I was pleased that David had made that connection. He HAD been listening in church on Sunday, despite the pages of doodles! And I was glad that my son reminded me of the sermon. I had kind of gotten caught up in the "this is awful" mode. This is a test, this is only a test.

3 comments:

Becky said...

It's amazing the things our children can teach us and remind us about the Lord. Hang in there and remember God is provident and with you and the family.

AfricaBleu said...

Man, Kim--I haven't been reading any blogs in awhile, and missed all of this. I am praying, praying, praying for your fella. I, like your son, have no medical training (loved that post, by the way)--but I do know that our God is good.
Love you guys.

(And hey! I think I saw your eldest son running around Siloam the other day. I almost ran my car off the road, waving, but I don't think he saw me. Or if he did, he was too scared of the crazy strange lady to wave back. Oh dear--I HOPE it was him who I was waving at . . .)

Sylvia said...

Thinking of you all lots and praying even more....love ya.