Saturday, November 29, 2008

Celebrating Thanks!

The Keena family spent Thanksgiving at the home of Steve and Vickie. What a treat! These fine folks are the ones that also invited the Keena family boating, soon after we arrived in Bozeman. (The story of Andrew and Emily jumping off a 50-foot cliff that day was recanted at the meal table for those that had missed it.) Along with the DeBoer's and the Keenas, there were other guests as well. A total of 15 of us, I believe.

The meal was crowned with a 30-pound Hutterite turkey. "Hutterites are a communal branch of Anabaptists who, like the Amish and Mennonites, trace their roots to the Radical Reformation of the 16th century." And apparently, the Hutterites really know how to raise turkeys! It was the first fresh turkey I've ever had. Yummo!


Steve carved the turkey right at the table. A first for me, as well.


My contribution to the meal; whole wheat butterhorn rolls and pumpkin sage buns.



The weather was sunny and cold. Vickie and I went on a two-mile stroll after lunch. I was one frozen popsicle by the time I got back.


We are thankful for these people!

1 comment:

Melissa Flaming said...

Wow! Looks like such a great day! Thanks for including the links. We are in Mennonite country- literally. Out of about 50 churches in this small town of Newton, probably 80% are Mennonite. No worries; I won't be donning the black bun cap anytime soon. :)