Monday, October 19, 2009

Punkins!

I can't remember how long it's been since we've carved pumpkins at our house. But Saturday night we were all home, and had four beautiful pumpkins (a.k.a. 14 cents a pound pumpkins!) that were just begging to be carved.



You can only imagine how many seeds I roasted from four pumpkins!
Delish!



David won the "Most Persistent" Award due to the delicacy of his design, and the fact that he continued to work on his pumpkin well after the others were finished.


The finished design




Grace's with braces! Or "grills" as she called them!



Andrew's pumpkin family




Emily's zombie!

All aglow on our back porch, to avoid early pumpkin smashing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go! David's is amazing, Grace's made me smile, Emily's is creative genius (and creepy) and Andrew's is so precious! I'll see what Bailey and Caden do when I give them a pumpkin and a knife... well... maybe next year, or the year after.

Shan said...

You've got a group of young artists up there! Those are incredible!! :D

Susan Beth said...

Oh my gosh! My family needs some pumpkin carving tutoring from your family! Amazing!