Monday, November 1, 2010

Kale Chips? Make'm. Now!

Jim was a little worried when I was putting the salad in the oven the other night.  It wasn't salad.  It was kale.  The last time I ate kale I lived at 14251 Briarwood Terrace in Rockville, Maryland.  A very long time ago.  But Kale Chips are all the rage on some food blogs I frequent, so I decided to give them a try.

1 bunch of kale, rinsed and dried.  Tear leaves from stems.
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp sea salt

Mix all in large bowl, rubbing the salt and oil into the kale.  Bake at 275 degrees for 12 minutes.

A fabulous new way to eat your greens!

3 comments:

KillerB said...

Interesting... and is it tasty?

Mom Keena said...

Suprisingly, Beth, these are delish. I really don't like kale, but you need to cook them the full 12 minutes, or until they are crunchy. I guess the baking changes the flavor. Even G & D liked them!

Smits Family said...

Does it still taste like kale? Because Kale is awful :)