Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Contest

At work we had a Pumpkin Decorating Contest.  This was my first year to enter.  The pressure was hugemongous!  Not sure why.  Except I really like to win.  Maybe you don't know that about me.  It's a problem. 

After perusing various pumpkin carving web pages, I decided to chuck them all and go practical.  I am really practical.  Maybe you don't know that about me.  It's a problem.

I figured I could decorate a pumpkin without carving it, so I could keep it through the holiday season.  Halloween holiday season.  Fall holiday season.  Thanksgiving holiday season.  Practicality definitely won out over winning a contest.  It usually does.  It's a problem.

So I set out to make the shiniest, blingiest, beautifulest pumpkin I could.  And thank you very much, I think I did.  I love my pumpkin.  I even gave her a name.  Gordgeous.  Yeah, I'm pretty punny, too.

Sad to say, Gordgeous did not win the contest.  In fact the winner, whose name will be withheld to protect the innocent (Andrea!) won by a landslide because her husband, whose name will also be withheld (Kris!) was sending his customers from his Fly Shop into the bank to vote for his wife's pumpkin.  We were just all so impressed that people would actually stop in their day, to come inside the bank lobby to vote for a Frankenstein Hunter Pumpkin.  I hope they enjoy their dinner at Santa Fe Red's!

1 comment: