Saturday, March 24, 2012

Just Wasn't Meant to Be


I woke up this morning at 8:00am with Garage Sale Money burning a whole in my pocket.  I talked Jim into coming with me, so after we stopped at the Town Pump for some Don-Arnold-Coffee, we headed to the address on my paper.  The paper with the Garage Sale info that I copied off of Craigslist yesterday.  The paper with the Garage Sale address that was ALL THE WAY out in Wiley Creek.

Jim was driving and that makes me nervous because he expects clear directions.  Which I had, but we were going to unfamiliar territory.  I gave directions flawlessly, anticipating each approaching turn.  When we reached the correct street, Jim slowed to barely a crawl but 233 was nowhere to be found.  The street ended.  We turned around and drove back up the street, still barely crawling, but definitely still not finding 233.  One more turn-around and drive down the street to figure out that 233 was apparently the address of the neighborhood park.  At this point I called both phone numbers on the paper.  "Brad" did not answer either of them. 

Jim wondered if I had been punk'd. 

To ease my disappointment we proceeded to the next address on my sheet.  Garage Sale #2 was also nowhere to be found.

Then Jim remembered what I had told him last night.  The new Goodwill Store would be opening today.  He thought it would satisfy my need for nice-things-cheap if we went to check out the new store.  Brilliant!  We drove across town only to discover I had been wrong; today was not the day the new Goodwill Store would be opening. 

I wasn't sure how much more of this I could take, so we stopped at the Salvation Army.  I bought a shirt for Dave.  Score! 

Said money that was burning a whole in my pocket?  It bought us lunch at the Coffee Pot and 3 boxes of Girl Scout cookies.  Thank you, Thin Mints, for making this day meaningful!

No comments: