Sunday, September 23, 2012

So Many Recipes, So Little Time

Yesterday was a wonderful Saturday, piddling around the house, organizing, cleaning, purging.  While straightening up the kitchen, I took notice of three stacks of recipes I had hanging on the refrigerator.

I love to look at recipes online and print the ones I want to try.  The trouble is, I rarely have time to try the new ones, resorting to ones I know.  But yesterday I decided to give my refrigerator a break and make some sense of all the printed recipes.  I decided I needed to try them or pitch them.  So #1 on the list (only because I actually had all of the ingredients) was Parmesan Spinach Cups.


Chop 10-12 oz of spinach into small pieces.  I had a 40 oz. bag of spinach, so this was a guesstimate.

 
Combine 1/2 c. each Parmesan cheese and ricotta cheese
 Add 2 beaten eggs; 1 clove garlic, minced; 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper

  Add to spinach, and mix well.


Spoon into greased muffin tins.  I packed it in a little.


 Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Let stand in pan for 5 minutes.  
Remove to plate.  The recipe said you could sprinkle more cheese on top, but I didn't, and they don't need it.  I took one bite, and sighed.  Delish!  I am serving these as a side dish today, but they would make a great breakfast-on-the-run, or use smaller tins for a nice appetizer. 


I have 43 more recipes to try before they get the privilege of living in my recipe binder.  I think I need a bigger binder!

No comments: