Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fly Fishing

Jim had a chance to go fly fishing yesterday. Daniel (front) is a fly fishing guide so really knows the ropes. Steve (background) is a physical therapist by trade, but we are becoming to know him as a man of many talents. They both attend our church and offered to take Jim fishing on the Yellowstone River.




Jim had great success and caught six or seven fish. But brought home none. As he put it "These guys are sportsmen, they catch-and-release". So much for fish and chips for dinner!




I think fly fishing is something Jim could really learn to enjoy. He even came home with a battle wound...a blister on his thumb. That's my man!




Oh, and this is what it's doing today!


4 comments:

Katie said...

Have you ever seen the movie "A River Runs Through It?" Jim's fly-fishing totally reminded me of it! What a fun trip!!

Trish said...

You just keep your snow up there, missy! We don't want it!!

Bekah said...

Yikes snow already?! That looks cold! We were cold this morning when it was 59 degrees outside, but now it is 82! Yay! :-)

Bethany Keena said...

yeah! Now I can tell all the people I see at Starbucks that dad has officially been fly-fishing! I'm so glad he went. great pictures! I saved the one of the river on my desktop.