Wednesday, June 20, 2012

While the Cat's Away

Grace left for a 10-day vacation last week.  While she is gone, we are having company from Chicago, some that will stay in Grace's room.  In an effort to make room for guest's things in the closet, I asked Grace if I could organize her closet a bit.  She agreed.  The closet cleaning led to drawer organizing which led to furniture moving which led to under-bed vacuuming which all led to about 3 loads of laundry.  Mostly socks.  The whole organizing/cleaning process took about three days.  In said process, I organized or found or washed 13 pairs of jeans, 70 shirts, 16 hoodies, 10 pairs of sweat/yoga pants and 45 pairs of socks.  On top of that I packed away a 13-gallon trash bag full of tee shirts from old jobs, schools and teams. 

I know Grace will be pleasantly surprised when she returns to find her room in order.  I also know that it may take a mere sixteen hours to have a very large portion of the above mentioned out of it's perfect place.  I am okay with that.  Don't ask me how, but I am.

As far as our guests having any room in Grace's closet, too bad, so sad, it's not going to happen.

No comments: