Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our New Favorite Spot


Today was the second time in one week that we have gone to Hyalite Lake and Palisade Falls. We had company earlier this week, and only had a couple of hours to "show him Montana" so we picked a place close. It's about a 20 minute drive from our home to Hyalite Lake. We took a lunch today, and picnicked lakeside. It is breathtaking! As if blue skies, green trees and a gorgeous lake weren't enough, a bald eagle decided to join our fun.

I know it's hard to tell, but since our zoom is broken on our camera, you're going to have to take my word for it. A bald eagle it is! From the lake, we drove another 10 minutes up the mountain where we then hiked a half mile to Palisade Falls.This Falls drops more than 80 feet off a vertical rock wall. And yes, Andrew found a way to the top! Not to be outdone, David scurried up the trail, that lead to some careful footing, which ultimately lead to the exhilaration of looking out over the falls. Brothers on top! So cool!
This puts it into perspective!
Jim and I stayed below the falls, I guess so we could catch anyone if they fell!

It was a great day! I still can't believe that I really live here!

3 comments:

Gary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gary said...

I'm jealous-that you have company come over!

Becky said...

It's just gorgeous!