Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 28

Uncle Carlton

I am thankful for easy communication.  Being able to pick up the phone and talk to loved ones makes living in Montana doable.  Saturday I called my great-uncle, Carlton.  I haven't seen him in over two years, but his voice immediately transported me to his back porch in Moorefield, WV.  He has been a constant my entire life; always there, always pleasant, always positive.  Believe me, I've tried to get him to give up the family dirt, but he won't talk!  However, he does talk about his life-long friends that have been more like family to him, the newest minister at his Methodist church, his travels, and he always asks about Jim and the kids.  I am thankful the Lord has granted him a 90+-year life.  He has served so many people well, including this grateful great-niece.

No comments: