Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Looking Ahead to Less

Last year I rose to the challenge of  adopting a word-for-the-year.  That word, strength.  I even bought a ring to wear with "Strength" boldly engraved around it.  Basically it was my goal to become a physically stronger person.  Along with that, I knew that strength would come in handy in many areas.  And that it did.  I am happy to say I feel like I have become stronger physically, and without any injury!  I also experienced my single most difficult moment as a parent in 2011, that which would require strength from the depths of my being, that I would not have ever known I had.  Strength was a good word to focus on in 2011, and I hope to remember it's importance forever.

Looking ahead I have chosen another word-of-the-year.  Less.  It took about a week for me to think through what I wanted to accomplish in 2012, and less is it.  Without going into tons of detail there are three areas where I want less in my life; less debt, less stuff, and the ever-present less weight.  I've commissioned Christa to create a pendant for me with the word "less" on it.   That should be a helpful reminder to keep my eyes focused on less. 

I'm excited to see the changes in my life that less will bring.

3 comments:

Susan Beth said...

Yeah for One Little Word success! And less is a great new word. Can't wait to see the pendant.

Beth said...

"less" is my word this year too! Less debt, less stuff, less sugar (for starters...) :)

Beth said...

So far, "less stuff" has been the easiest. Moving & only living somewhere for 6 months (so only unpacking half of our stuff) has helped that. I have a paper bag right by the front door at all times & am constantly adding things to it to donate. That makes it easy!