Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bountiful Baskets

This morning was my first time to participate in Bountiful Baskets, a produce co-op.  Monday I ordered a basket online for $15.00, and this morning I picked it up at a school down the road. When you order from Bountiful Baskets you don't know what you're going to get.  They say 50% veggies, 50% fruit. It's kind of like a wonderful Christmas surprise.  I got 4 carrots, 4 onions, 5 tomatoes, 4 ears of corn, 3 bell peppers, 2 cucumbers, 1 head of cauliflower, 2 boxes of blackberries, 1 honeydew melon, 7 red pears, 8 apricots, 1 perfect bunch of bananas, and 2 large lemons..  That means for dinner we had corn on the cob, roasted cauliflower, broiled tomatoes, carrot sticks, sliced cukes, green pepper strips and banana bread.  I think I am going to like my Bountiful Baskets.  Next time I promise to take photos.  But they would probably look a little something like this.....

No comments: