Sunday, March 1, 2009

Only Child

For the past 24 hours, we have had an only child. Emily is somewhere in this world on Lightrider, David is in Billings, and Grace, well, Grace is experiencing the joys of being an only child. Maybe you should check with her about those joys, but I know of at least a couple. Last night she and I went to Walmart by ourselves, bought baking supplies, and came home and baked together. This morning I woke her up early enough to go to first service with me, because somehow, running back to the house between services for only ONE child did not seem prudent. (I'm pretty sure this was not a "joy" to being an only child) But since "we only had one" child after church, we went out to eat. A long lost love of the Keena family since we have been Dave Ramseyfied! We let Grace choose the restaraunt, so Fuddrucker's it was! We pulled up to the parking lot, Grace got out and headed to the door, then Jim realized that if we were going to go to a particular Open House today, we needed to go NOW and eat later. So we called Grace back into the car, and since one "WHAT!?!" from one child is not nearly as loud or annoying as when coming from multiples, we drove undisturbed to the Open House. And then went to another Open House. And then were on the other side of town, so decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. As you may know, patrons are barraged at BWW with sports, trivia games, sports, and more sports. Not really a problem, but one screen did catch my attention. It was a commercial for this, basically a male girdle. (Is that called a mirdle?!) I had no idea men were really concerned about such things, but I found it amuzing that in a restaurant geared to sports fanatics that like to eat deep-fried-saucy chunks of meat, that this would even be a consideration. Oh, and my only child didn't think it was quite as amuzing as I did. But I guess that's how only children are.

3 comments:

Gary said...

I loved being an only child! I got the dog, the whole back seat, my own bathroom, all the attention (well, that's not always good), got to go out to eat with my parents all the time (of course, I had to sit with geriatrics and listen to 'war' stories).

Jason: Husband, and Father of Two! said...

Wow...a male girdle...
That.
Is.
Hilarious!

Shan said...

Ha Ha Ha! I love your style Kim! And I love how unspoiled your Only-seven awesome kids are. :D