Monday, July 25, 2011

Birthday Week

While at a sandwich shop on Saturday, I saw a sign of "16 Things That Took Over 50 Years for Me to Learn," by Dave Barry.  It was great reading, but #11 especially caught my eye. 

11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.

Well, when I was eleven, 7-Eleven had a jingle "Oh, thank heaven, for 7-Eleven."  Of course, all things being about me, I changed the jingle to "Oh, thank heaven, for Kim's eleven".  And ever since then, mostly, my birthday has been a pretty big deal.   And this is my birthday week.  You see, not only do I make a big deal about my birthday on my birthday, but it has now become a grand celebration of my birthday week. And I totally expect other people to make a big deal about it.  After all, I make a pretty big deal about everyone else's birthday! 

If you want to send me gifts or cards, please be sure to have them in the mail by midnight on Tuesday. 
Seriously, I love this birthday stuff!

No comments: