Saturday, February 11, 2012

Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage

Mark Gungor
 
Jim and I attended a marriage conference this weekend.  Another marriage conference. 
I was snuffly sick Friday night, but we went anyway, because I thought it would be light and funny.
The speaker, Mark Gungor, had lots of interesting things to say about marriage, men's brains, women's brains, the Song of Solomon, a nothing box, being nice to the girl, men being men, and eyes.  Yep, eyes.  His explanation of the difference between men's and women's eyes was definitely one of my take-aways.
See if you don't agree.
Men's eyes are designed to see one thing at a time.  So when a man looks for the shaker of salt in a kitchen cabinet, his eyes are overwhelmed at all of the things in the cabinet, and can't find the salt.  When he calls to his wife that he can't find the salt, she shleps over to the cabinet, pulls the salt off the shelf, and says "It's right in front of your face".
Being the good normal wife that I am, I have done this dozens of times.
Being the normal inconsiderate wife that I am, I have even belittled the salt seeker.
This was a real eye-opener for me! 
He just can't see it.  His eyes are not designed to see the salt shaker in the vast sea of cabinetness.
Who knew?  I still have so much to learn about this man of mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We did the Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage video series. It sure was funny and we learned stuff too!