Monday, February 13, 2012

"Less" Report: Part One

 
Since we're nearly half way through February, I thought I would give a word-of-the-year report.  "Less" has been a good experience for me.  I met my financial goal in January; pay $XXX on our credit card, and take whatever $$$ is left in our checking accounts at the end of the month and deposit it in a "Summer" fund.  There was also not a lot of borrowing from Paul to pay Peter in January.  When Paul ran out, he ran out! 

Of course, being financially responsible takes most of the fun out of shopping, but meeting goals is more of a thrill than a good bargain!  I don't know how many times I talked myself out of something in my cart, because I was working on "Less".  I mean, do I really need a personal air freshener at my desk?  Do I really need another pair of black pants when I already own two?  Do I really need a new comforter?  Do I really need another pair of shoes?  In fact, I did succumb to a great deal for a pair of gray shoes (doesn't everyone need gray shoes?!) at Kohl's only to be disappointed that I bought them.  They are my trophy to giving in.  I hate them now for that.

So, the spending less has definitely come to fruition.  I am all about my goals and less about the steals!  And I am content with that.

No comments: